Open Call - Programming from the Community for the 2023 Schedule of Programming
It’s that time of the year again - the Berlin Performing Arts Festival (PAF) will be offering its eighth edition from May 30 to June 4, 2023.
The independent performance venues and event locations as well as artists and collectives that make art in public space are warmly invited to take part in shaping the schedule of programming of the festival. The festival brings together numerous events and makes the diversity and quality of Berlin’s independent performing arts visible. The Berlin audience as well as other national and international guests are welcome to experience the aesthetic, content-based and structural developments of Berlin’s independent performing arts community and celebrate together.
Over the course of four days, from May 31 to June 3, 2023, the artistic Programming from the Community, which is curated by the members of the community themselves, will take place. The independent performance venues and event locations all throughout Berlin present themselves with an artistic production they have chosen for inclusion in the festival. In the coming edition, only existing productions that premiered in 2020 or later can be submitted. These can be digital, analog as well as hybrid. It is not possible to submit premieres.
The submission of productions for the Programming from the Community series was conducted using an online form. You can find more informations in the Conditions for Participation as well as in our FAQs.
The submission deadline for the open call for the Programming from the Community series for the schedule of programming was closed at January 11, 2023.
We are, of course, at your service if you have any questions:
Telephone consultation hours Monday till Thursday
10:00 am to 1:00 pm
Telephone number: 030 / 20 45 97 921
or via email: programm [at] performingarts-festival.de
Schedule/Deadlines for the 2023 Edition of the Berlin Performing Arts Festival
- End of the open call: January 11, 2023
- Information event for participants in the Programming from the Community series: February 15, 2023 (The participants will receive a confirmation that they are taking part in the Programming from the Community as well as an invitation to the information event which is being planned as a digital event).
- The festival contracts will be sent to the participants in the middle of February 2023.
- The contracts must be returned to the festival team by March 17, 2023 at the latest so that the schedule of programming can be announced on time.
- The editorial deadline for materials to promote the production (submission of visual materials and texts as well as detailed information about the production) as part of the festival is also March 17, 2023.
- The schedule of programming will be announced and advanced ticket sales will begin at the end of April 2023.
Please note that these deadlines are mandatory and must absolutely be complied with in order to ensure a successful realization of the festival. Missing the deadlines can lead to not taking part in the festival. We ask you to be in solidarity and respectful both to us as well as those who have met these deadlines. If one of these deadlines represents a barrier to you, please contact our festival team as early as possible so that we can work together to search for a barrier-free solution.